The Week of Quick and Easy – Our Meal Plan for February 25th – March 4th
The Week of Quick and Easy!
Things have been hectic around our house. Everyone is busy with either work or school. My son has a dual enrollment class at the local college, my daughter’s activity schedule is picking up, both kids are preparing for the ACT with their amazing tutor at Victoria’s Prep, there are college tours to take, and we, their parents who keep this family in the “lap of luxury”, are working as hard as ever.
I needed a week that could keep the budget low and be as stress free as possible. This is the theme I captured for our weekly meal plan for the end of February – The Week of Quick and Easy. This meal plan features a few “dump” recipes that use your crockpot and a special one-week offer from Pizza Hut for 50% off of all their pizzas (online orders only). That deal was too sweet to ignore given that I was looking for quick and easy dinner ideas! In fact, I am publishing this post early so that you, too, can take advantage of the deal as quickly as possible! The offer ends 2/25/2018.
Weekly Meal Plan
February 25- March 4, 2018
- Sunday: Last Day for 50% off at Pizza Hut – See more about this incredible deal here!
- Monday: Baked Cod with Sliced Cucumbers tossed with Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill Dressing
- Tuesday: Dump and Bake Chicken Pot Pie See recipe here.
- Wednesday: Leftover’s night…We have started incorporating a leftover’s night into our weekly meal plan rotation. Wednesday is typically the night we choose. That is one of the days when we have to get my son to his dual enrollment class and, on top of that, I usually work late on Wednesdays.
- Thursday: Tacos Night – What could be easier and more fun than Taco Night?Just brown some ground beef with taco seasoning, slice some tomato and lettuce (or buy it pre-shredded), and serve in tortillas or taco shells! My kids LOVE taco night!
- Friday: French Dip Sandwiches – See recipe here.
- Saturday: Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Ingredients Needed for the Recipes
- Sunday: N/A
- Monday – Cod (in freezer) and dressing (in the pantry). Need: 1 cucumber.
- Tuesday – 1-22.6 oz. can of condensed Cream of Chicken soup, a bag of frozen mixed vegetables (in my freezer). Need: 2 cups, diced cooked chicken (prepare on Sunday night), 1 can refrigerated Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits.
- Thursday – Ground beef (in freezer), tortillas (in pantry). Need: seasoning mix, shredded lettuce, prepared salsa, shredded Mexican-style cheese, and taco shells
- Friday – provolone cheese slices, 1 onion, 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted, 2 cups beef broth, 2 T. Worcestershire Sauces, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Need: undiluted, 8 to 10 crusty hoagie rolls, split, 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- Saturday – Spaghetti and ground beef (both on hand)
Pizza Hut – about $10 (no delivery fee or tip as I can swing in and pick this up on my way home from work).
BJ’s Basics Stock Up Trip: 8 ct –Tuna Fish (9.99), 1 gal. milk ($2,79), cereal ($4.99), 40 pack -water ($2.99), Provolone deli cheese ($6.99), 36 ct- Toilet Paper ($14.99) -$50.78
Winn Dixie: 10 cases Winn Dixie Brand soda (5/$10 on sale) -$20
Walmart: cucumber (.68), 1 Passionfruit juice concentrate ($1.38) 1 can refrigerated Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits ($1.47), Newman’s Own salsa ($2.28), 32 oz. shredded Mexican-style cheese ($7.97)*, 16ct tortillas ($1.48), 8oz. shredded lettuce ($1.76), 2 Taco Bell Seasoning mix ($1.34), 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds) ($15.88), 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup ($1.48), 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth ($1.48), 6 ct. Italian rolls.($2.98). – $40.18
GRAND TOTAL -$111
*I sometimes buy more than I need for the week as the larger packages are usually offered for a lesser amount per oz. and I have it on hand for snacks or dinners in weeks to come. You may or may not want to do the same depending upon your family’s food needs.